The Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) is looking for technical professionals who thrive on tackling diverse challenges in a unique environment. Working in teams, the ideal candidate will directly contribute to operations via the timely delivery of technical solutions in support of the CSIS mandate. You will have the opportunity to contribute and influence project deliverables that support technical operations, including the collection, processing, and analysis of data in support of CSIS’ investigations. Successful candidates will benefit from continuous learning where your technical skills will be developed, maintained and enhanced. In addition, you will be exposed to specialized security intelligence related technologies, systems and equipment.
- Assessing and/or contributing to operational plans to identify associated risks and offering alternate solutions.
- Training and providing guidance to new technical officers.
- Adhering to established methodologies and ensuring compliance with policies and authorities governing conduct of operations.
- Maintaining technical knowledge and operational readiness; staying current on technical collection capabilities and best practices.
- Solving complex problems and advancing investigative initiatives by integrating existing technologies; or by creating new solutions, systems, platforms and tools.
- Leveraging stakeholders and ensuring continuing cooperation.
- Developing standardized operating procedures and methodologies for the deployment of technical capabilities.
- Leading technical collection, evaluating and testing technical capabilities and deploying various technical equipment and solutions.
- Providing technical advice in the planning and conducting of technical operations.
- Collaborating with partners both domestic and abroad to advance capabilities.
- Organizational Skills/Multitasking;
- Problem Solving Skills;
- Interpersonal Skills/Team Work;
- Behavioral Flexibility;
Qualification & Experience:
- Technologist diploma or Professional technologist equivalency designation and four (4) years of related experience for all streams.
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree or Technologist diploma/Professional technologist equivalency designation in: Computer science,Electrical engineering / Electronics Technologist, Network security, Telecommunications, Similar Engineering and Technologist disciplines.
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree in a related field and three (3) years of related experience for all streams.
- Experience with the fabrication of technical parts and equipment, in a variety of materials (the experience does not need to have been acquired through formal work experience).
- Experience assembling, configuring and troubleshooting computer hardware and network infrastructure.
- Previous industry experience in trades such as: construction, electrical, building maintenance, audio visual or electronic communications.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A