At AWS, we are hiring the best technical cloud computing architects to help our customers and partners develop technical expertise and capacity. Our consultants will collaborate with partner and client teams to deliver proof-of-concept projects, conduct topical workshops, and lead implementation projects. These professional services engagements will focus on key customer solutions such as web applications, enterprise applications, HPC, batch processing and big data, networking, archiving and disaster recovery.
As Senior Consultant you will manage projects independently and also deliver as part of larger teams. You will work with customers and partners internalizing their context while using your business and technical skills to design solutions based on requirements and constraints. You will own and complete key tasks and deliverables, and collaborate with others to define and implement optimal, complete solutions based on stakeholders needs. You will work towards customer business outcomes, ensuring there is a strong connection between delivery activities and business objectives.
- Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, Powershell)
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Strong track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments
- Scripting and/or coding skills
- Configuration management using CloudFormation, Chef & Puppet
- Integration of cloud services with on premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
- Knowledge of the primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53 & S3)
- Leading highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience managing data center operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting and notifications
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- Experience driving discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Math.
- Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
- Large scale migration experience Data Center to Data Center and/or Data Center to Cloud
- 3+ years of experience as a technical specialist in Customer-facing roles
- 6+ years of IT implementation experience
- Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.)
- Experience in an Architect role or similar
- Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A