Website Valero Energy
Protects company facilities and personnel by controlling loss or damage resulting from fire, accident, criminal acts, natural or man-made disaster, waste, internal disorder, and/or policy violation, and otherwise maintains a safe and secure environment through preventative and corrective actions in accordance with department objectives, policies, and procedures.
- Observes and patrols designated perimeters, areas, structures, buildings, depositories, rooms or offices, and other areas of protective interest.
- Responds to emergency situations using the appropriate degree of physical force.
- Responds to emergency medical situations with First Aid and AED equipment, as appropriate.
- Carries and is responsible for a firearm during entirety of any and all shifts.
- Uses additional weaponry as situation dictates and when authorized by appropriate authority (will be issued, provided access, or required) to carry weaponry.
- Seeks out and takes appropriate immediate action against any potential security and safety hazard or condition which would damage, injure, or otherwise interfere with facility operations and/or personnel.
- Operates and enforces the system of facility access, personnel identification, and key control.
- Operates and monitors protective alarm system, CCTV, communication devices, vehicles, and other equipment.
- Handles lost and found articles, and responds to inquiries and requests for assistance.
- Exercises firearm and weapons safety at all times.
- Adheres to all safety guidelines and protocols, including wearing approved uniform, duty belt (to include all issued security duty gear), Kevlar vest, etc.
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 1 year of security and/or previous military police experience required.
- Must meet all requirements needed to be licensed as a Commissioned Officer and a Personal Protection Officer as defined in Title 10, Chapter 1702 of the Texas Occupations Code, required.
- Must posses or be able to obtain a valid driver’s license within specified timeframe required.
- Must successfully complete firearms proficiency training and qualification, required.
- Maintains proficiency and continued qualification with all assigned weapons required.
- Must be able to regularly work on a full time basis at the assigned location and arrive to work at scheduled start time required.
- Ability to work a rotating shift schedule required.
- Ability to wear approved uniform, duty belt (to include all issued security duty gear), Kevlar Body Armor, etc. required.
- Ability to work at multiple locations required.
- Ability to walk, stand, hear, climb (including stairs, ladders, and traversing the property grounds which may be uneven), and move quickly while carrying emergency equipment, required.
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors required.
- Maintain proficiency and continued qualification with all assigned weapons required.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A