Website United Airlines
The Manager Employee Relations manages high level activities related to employee relations, labor relations, ethics helpline and executive level complaints. This position is primarily responsible for conducting thorough, prompt and objective investigations into allegations of misconduct and other human resources related investigations and/or policy violations. The individual is to be a neutral fact finder that ensures the allegations are investigated efficiently, thoroughly reviewed and addressed in compliance with established policies and procedures. The Manager Employee Relations also serves as a consultant and advisor to senior leadership, business partners as well as other employees within their respective location.
- Investigates all Human Resources assigned or directly reported complaints. Responsible for intake, researching the allegation, developing an investigation plan, conducting effective interviews and data collection, completing a written report and communicating an appropriate summary to relevant parties. Assists in facilitating training when needed.
- Compiles all investigation data within the appropriate case management database. Must have the ability to effectively document all interview notes and case documentation within a timely fashion. Must have the ability to run regular reports from the case management database.
- Analyzes employee relations trends with business leaders and HR teams. Serves as a subject matter expert to all levels of management and Human Resources Business Partners regarding employment and labor law in support of employee engagement.
- Partners with Labor Relations, HR Business Partners, Corporate Security and Legal when conducting investigations to provide counsel and facilitate prompt and effective resolution of workplace concerns.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and ability to learn and use Navex Global, PeopleSoft, Taleo and Cornerstone software.
- Comprehensive knowledge of applicable state and federal employment and labor laws and the compliance requirements
of those laws.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state employment laws
Qualification & Experience:
- 5 or more years Employee Relations, Human Resources, Labor Relations or corporate law.
- Masters Degree preferred.
- Bachelors degree in HR, Business Administration, Criminal Justice or other related fields or equivalent work experience.
- 3 or more years Employee Relations, Human Resources, Labor Relations or corporate law.
- 5 or more years investigative experience.
- HR Industry Certification preferred (PHR / SPHR/ SHRM – CP/SCP)
Company: United Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, California, US
Application Deadline: N/A