Website United Airlines
As the first connection between United Airlines and our customers, you will need strong communication skills and the ability to learn our systems to provide the right answers. On any given call, you may be asked to provide flight schedule and rate information, determine the best routes and timing based on customer needs or answer any other questions from passengers.
- Caring happens regardless of whether a customer’s request is difficult or easy.
- There will be moments where you will be required to remain calm, positive and caring – even in challenging situations.
- We’ll get you started with excellent training to learn our systems and gain the ability to respond to all passenger scenarios.
- You’ll also receive strong support from your lead and supervisor.
- You must have a can-do attitude and be able to solve problems efficiently and effectively.
- You’ll be taking calls all day in a fast-paced call center environment.
- While our calls are varied, you must be able to sit and/or stand and work at a computer for extended periods of time.
- If you have the ambition to advance, you can pursue administrative, lead or manager roles within our customer contact center.
- You may also consider moving into a customer service or baggage handler role at the airport.
- We offer a fun, relaxed and casual atmosphere where colleagues become friends and milestones are celebrated.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to handle high volume incoming calls and questions back to back.
- Ability to efficiently switch between multiple computer programs and systems within the same call.
- Demonstration of strong desire to assist customer needs in complex situations and during irregular operations.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have excellent listening, communication skills and the ability to read, write and speak English and
- Hebrew fluently (language assessment test will be given).
- Expertise in modern modes of communication, phone applications and usage of the internet.
- Must have a high school diploma, GED or education equivalent.
- Ability to cross train to handle different desk responsibilities for varying complexity of questions.
- Microsoft office computer skills.
- Discernment to make sound decisions, using empowerment to make appropriate exceptions.
- Outstanding customer service record.
- Ability to rebook customer quickly and efficiently solve problems in real time during urgent travel complications.
Company: United Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A