Website United Airlines
As part of our baggage handling team, you’ll be in constant motion as you take on many assignments like loading and unloading aircraft cargo, moving baggage to and from terminals, and receiving and dispatching aircraft. It’s a varied job that can be fun, tiring, rewarding and exhilarating, all at once.
- You will be working outside in all kinds of weather, as we don’t stop flying when it rains, snows or is too hot.
- You must love physical activity, as you will be lifting as many as 100 items per flight, some weighing as much as 70 lbs.
- Since this is a union job based on seniority, you will be assigned your initial schedule to meet our needs at the airport.
- You must be available for day and night shifts, weekends and holidays.
- You will be required to work mandatory overtime, when necessary.
- As you gain seniority, you can trade days with colleagues, pick up extra hours and have more control over your schedule.
- Punctuality and reliability are essential – we’ve got flight schedules to meet!
- You will start by loading and unloading aircraft and placing baggage on belts.
- We provide paid training, including 1 week of orientation, 1 week in the classroom and 1-3 weeks on the job.
- Once you’ve got the basics, you can explore other duties such as de-icing, marshaling aircraft and driving a wide variety of mechanical equipment like cargo carts and conveyor belts.
- Later, you can grow into a team lead, become a supervisor or manager, or join the team that moves our aircraft.
- You’ll need a commitment to safety at all times, including an attention to detail and your surroundings.
- You should be committed to caring for bags as if they were your own (passengers can see you!) and providing excellent customer service for your fellow United employees.
- Eligibility to obtain necessary credentials and clearances (FAA, TSA, Port Authority, U.S. Customs and U.S. Postal)
- Must NOT have lived outside of the United States in the past 5 years for any period longer than six months, excluding military duty or government-approved exceptions
- A valid state issued driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Ability to pass a background check, physical abilities test, hearing and vision tests, and drug screen
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Minimum of 18 years old
- Ability to operate a computer to enter and retrieve data
Company: United Airlines
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Honolulu, Hawaii, US
Application Deadline: N/A