Website United Airlines
As part of our passenger service team, you’ll meet people from all over the world, handle a variety of tasks that make every day different and enjoy a real sense of accomplishment when someone walks away saying “United Airlines is great!”
- Most new hires start as a Gate or Ticket Agent, helping passengers check in and board, as well as resolving any issues with travel that arise.
- Since this is a union job based on seniority, you will be assigned your initial schedule to meet our needs at the airport.
- You must be available for day and night shifts, weekends and holidays.
- You will be required to work mandatory overtime, when necessary.
- As you gain seniority, you can trade days with colleagues, pick up extra hours and have more control over your schedule.
- Punctuality and reliability are essential—we’ve got flight schedules to meet!
- We provide paid training, including 1 week of orientation, 2.5 weeks in the classroom and 1.5 weeks on the job.
- With experience, you can explore roles in gate services, ticketing, baggage services, international flights and United Club locations, as well as manager or supervisor roles.
- It is vitally important that our Customer Service Representatives make every interaction a positive one.
- Whether booking reservations or printing boarding passes, determining alternative flight options or rebooking a reservation, you must be calm, cool and collected.
- To be successful, you’ll need patience, empathy, the ability to listen and a knack for making informed decisions in sometimes stressful situations.
- Caring happens regardless of our customer’s disposition or travel challenges. There will be moments where you will be required to remain calm, positive, and caring even when our customers are not.
- You’ll also have the ability to transfer to other locations within our amazing network.
- Comfortable working on computers
- Physical ability to stand and walk for a four-hour shift, as well lift and handle baggage
- Must pass a background check and drug screen
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Minimum of 18 years old
Company: United Airlines
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Dallas, Texas, US
Application Deadline: N/A