Website Total S.A.
Activities of the Job Holder include: (1) direct technical contribution (interpretation at the workstation, prospect evaluation, regional synthesis), (2) technical coaching of teammate exploration geoscientists and (3) promotion of new ideas through effective communication.
- Gather, integrate and synthetize all relevant G&G data supporting play definition and characterization (well and seismic data, structural geology, sedimentology, geochemistry, reservoir & seal characterization, pressure regime, fluid type(s), etc.).
- Perform basin synthesis studies with focus on the description / risking of the various components of petroleum system(s).
- Investigate and propose new themes, new ideas and innovative approaches for the exploration of Argentina/Bolivia Basins.
- Carry out the inventory of leads and prospects.
- Evaluate prospects, using classical mapping / modeling techniques, leading to volumetric calculations as well as relevant uncertainty analysis and risk assessment.
- Contribute to the definition of the optimal work program (drilling and data acquisition) to best explore and appraise the block.
- Contribute to peer-assist and management reviews for the final decision for these business opportunities.
- Capitalize from the various studies at various scales through the generation of reference documents, to reinforce TOTAL experience. Share study results with the company exploration community and the corporate management.
- Ensure the technical lead of 2-3 junior geoscientists to progress the studies and help juniors’ development.
- Create the space to challenge paradigms and develop new ideas.
- Conceive sedimentological and prospect trap concepts even with scarce / imperfect data.
- Promote new ideas / concepts into potentially drillable targets through peer challenge and proper communication.
- Screen quickly areas and/or opportunities in order to deliver a pertinent & documented recommendation, positive or negative.
- Deliver high ranked prospects.
- Guarantee the consistency and the proper integration of G&G data for play/prospect generation and maturation.
- Deliver documented assessment of prospects (full range of uncertainty on volumes and risks).
- Propose adequate data acquisitions and studies to reduce risks and range of uncertainties for the most promising plays and prospects.
- Ensure the effective communication of main recent findings in terms of regional knowledge and evolution of technical tools and methods.
- Act as a technical Team Lead for junior exploration geoscientists of his/her team.
- Actively contribute to the building / consolidation of TOTAL knowledge / know-how in the Exploration domain.
Qualification & Experience:
- Msc or PhD or Engineering Degree in Petroleum Geoscience.
- Years of experience: 10+
- Experience in New Ventures and Portfolio maturation
- Experience in Technical lead of teams
- Knowledge of Argentina Offshore Basins and/or Bolivia Basins is a strong plus
- Knowledge of Spanish is a plus
Company: Total S.A.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A