Website Standard Bank
We are looking for an ideal candidate to oversee the functioning of the Dispute Resolution team, ensuring that all advice provided is sound and based on evidence and expert knowledge whilst mitigating associated risks in accordance with the legal entity mandate and regulatory requirements.
- Partner with General Counsel to facilitate the formulation and implementation of the Legal Strategy, as defined, by embedding and implementing it within Legal.
- Develop and drive the implementation of initiatives including processes, systems and projects (factoring in advancements in legal technology) relating to compliance of high impact policies to set standards.
- Adhere to the Group’s data security standards, ensuring compliance with local data regulations.
- Provide Standard Bank Group Leadership with information on potential litigious matters to be instituted against clients or to be defended for all matters within delegation of authority or material matrix reporting requirements.
- Enable licenses to operate, following up to ensure that they are obtained and maintained in respect of the particular legal entity or country.
- Provide insight into the drafting and updating of policies, ensuring that the legal ways of work pertaining to the specific business unit are well-informed.
- Lead the team according to Standard Bank Group’s leadership principles and values, including employee lifecycle from recruitment through to exit, performance management, training and development, discipline and grievance management, retention, and reward and people.
- Identify, investigate and resolve complex and ambiguous risk, potentially outside of precedent, to provide timely solutions that strategically eliminate or mitigate risks. Attend and participate in appropriate governance committees to ensure that any legal requirements are appropriately considered and legal risks are addressed.
- Identification and mitigation of legal risks.
Qualification & Experience:
- Preferred Qualifications are MBA or LLM
- More than 15 years proven experience in the provision of expert insight and guidance pertaining to the drafting, vetting, review, dissemination and/or negotiation of legal documentation and processes of a highly complex and ambiguous nature.
- At least 10 years’ experience within the legal/ financial sector at a management level
- LLB Degree
Company: Standard Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A