Website Southwest Airlines
- Carry out safety and/or security initiatives as directed by Southwest Airlines or the FAA.
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
- The driving of motor vehicles, when necessary, in connection with the work of an Appearance Technician.
- Cleaning, washing, and polishing the interior and exterior of airplanes, airplane parts, maintenance equipment, shops, and hangars.
- Replacement of aircraft seat covers and aisle rugs on service checks, turnarounds, or through-flights.
- Must be able to lift and/or move items weighing up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must possess and maintain a valid U.S. Driver’s License, have the ability to obtain a SIDA badge and meet local airport requirements.
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Must be able to work well in confined areas, reach, and stand for long periods of time while washing and waxing the aircraft.
- Must be available to work -bid for shifts – any hours during 24 hour period.
- Must be able to climb, kneel, squat, and sit in order to replace aircraft carpet and seat covers, and while performing cleaning tasks and other duties.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
Qualification & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
Company: Southwest Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A