Website Southwest Airlines
Ensure all Ramp Personnel are properly assigned and utilized. Requests overtime as needed and maintains maximum use and efficiency of all Employees on duty. Oversees breaks and lunch periods to control Employee productivity.
- Performs special tasks or assignments as delegated by station management personnel. Mentors Agents for future Leadership programs.
- Evaluates the work performance of Ramp Agents to ensure that their work performance, attendance, and appearance meet Company requirements.
- Assists in training Ramp Agents to ensure that they are aware of appropriate regulations, procedures, and Company policies.
- Coordinates, as needed, with Operations, Customer Service, Maintenance, Provisioning, and Dispatch to maintain the stations on-time performance.
- Determines that aircraft are properly serviced and provisioned prior to departure and that all forms and records are properly completed and maintained.
- Provides special care, attention, and assistance to all SWA Customer’s as needed.
- Monitors the handling and operating condition of all ramp equipment and all other tools and equipment needed for ramp services. Makes sure ground equipment is serviced and fueled as necessary.
- Ability to type and/or use computer keyboard with sufficient speed;
- Need to be available to work a variety of shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays and overtime;
- Must be able to carry heavy items up and down jetway stairs.
- Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crawl, and stoop on a frequent basis and for extended periods.
- Ability read and write English;
- Must be able to lift and move items of 70 pounds and/or more on a regular basis and repetitively lift weights of 40 to 50 pounds on raised surfaces.
- Must be able to work in cramped or high places.
- Ability to work fast and under tight timelines to ensure timely flight departures with quick turns and the ability to handle many functions at once with many different offices and/or Team of people;
Qualification & Experience:
- May be required by Station Leadership to obtain a Customs Seal and meet all requirements to work international flights;
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent;
- Must have a valid drivers license with a good driving record;
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986;
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
Company: Southwest Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Reno, Nevada, United States
Application Deadline: N/A