Website Southwest Airlines
Ensure all Ramp Personnel are properly assigned and utilized. Requests overtime as needed and maintains maximum use and efficiency of all Employees on duty. Oversees breaks and lunch periods to control Employee productivity.
- Monitors the handling and operating condition of all ramp equipment and all other tools and equipment needed for ramp services. Makes sure ground equipment is serviced and fueled as necessary.
- Determines that aircraft are properly serviced and provisioned prior to departure and that all forms and records are properly completed and maintained.
- Evaluates the work performance of Ramp Agents to ensure that their work performance, attendance, and appearance meet Company requirements.
- Provides special care, attention, and assistance to all SWA Customer’s as needed.
- Assists in training Ramp Agents to ensure that they are aware of appropriate regulations, procedures, and Company policies.
- Coordinates, as needed, with Operations, Customer Service, Maintenance, Provisioning, and Dispatch to maintain the stations on-time performance.
- Must be able to work in cramped or high places.
- College coursework or degree would be an asset;
- Need to be available to work a variety of shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays and overtime;
- Must be able to carry heavy items up and down jetway stairs.
- Airline or related Leadership experience is desirable;
- Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crawl, and stoop on a frequent basis and for extended periods.
- Ability to work fast and under tight timelines to ensure timely flight departures with quick turns and the ability to handle many functions at once with many different offices and/or Team of people;
- Must be able to lift and move items of 70 pounds and/or more on a regular basis and repetitively lift weights of 40 to 50 pounds on raised surfaces.
Qualification & Experience:
- May be required by Station Leadership to obtain a Customs Seal and meet all requirements to work international flights;
- Must have a valid drivers license with a good driving record;
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent;
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986;
Company: Southwest Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, California, United States
Application Deadline: N/A