Website Southwest Airlines
- Identify opportunities to simplify application and break new requests into minimal working parts.
- Provided expertise in Compiler Construction (language parsing/compiling).
- Create design documents supporting the Agile development processes.
- Analyze business and technical user stories, contribute to estimation of the impact and duration, assist with documenting the solution, write and unit test code, automate test code, peer review other team members solutions, support software releases, perform/document root cause analysis, and provide fixes to production issues.
- Provide on-call support, and Command Center (go-live) shift support.
- Demonstrate flexibility and ability to work with a globally distributed team.
- Act as subject matter expert on areas of the Cloud CI/CD pipeline and provide support as necessary.
- Participate in full software development lifecycle, including full stack development.
- Participate in all Agile ceremonies.
- Contribute to reduction of technical debt through code refactoring, re-architecture and design.
- Continuously learn new skills and share/apply new learnings with the rest of the team.
- Participate in the overall solution testing as needed.
- Design, develop code and unit test product extensions, interfaces, applications and data integration modules for reliability, scalability, manageability, performance and re-use according to principles of enterprise application architecture and distributed systems.
- Work collaboratively on an Agile Team with other Developers, Product Owners, Testers, Solution Architects and Scrum Masters as well as other Technology Teams outside of Crew.
- Must have ability to work from home.
Qualification & Experience:
- 2 years of experience with distributed system, and design and architecture of Microservices.
- 2 years of experience with monitoring/alerting technologies, including Kibana, FluentD, Grafana, Prometheus, and ElasticSearch.
- Bachelors or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field followed by 5 years of progressive experience in full stack development, including the full software development lifecycle, using Java and Java based frameworks, and working with database and messaging framework.
- Experience therein to include 2 years of experience with Cloud and DevOps.
Company: Southwest Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A