Website Southwest Airlines
This role provides thought leadership and analytical support to a variety of marketing and commercial groups through traffic and revenue analysis, demand generation reporting, sale and offer optimization, brand monitoring, and Customer intelligence. The position is responsible for initiating, developing, driving and tracking strategic plans to system business performance.
- Works with leader to align on priorities, constructively address project work, and build personal development plans
- Evaluates marketing, advertising and promotional efforts in driving traffic and revenue for air demand.
- Works independently to perform in-depth analysis, identify trends, and extract meaningful information to understand system traffic and revenue data, and uses that information to inform and influence business decisions.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts to establish a comprehensive understanding and to distinguish user/Customer requests from the underlying true needs.
- Lead cross-functional Teams to deliver projects and services on time, within budget, and within agreed upon scope.
- Measure marketing initiatives and effectiveness, from both a campaign level to a full marketing mix, based on various objectives and key performance indicators.
- Create and establish forecast and/or goals to track performance success metrics.
- Masters existing and new data sources and pushes for new and innovating ways to use and automate the data
- Responsible for facilitating and leading cross-departmental coordination to support planning decisions, foster innovation, align routine activities, and drive joint solutions.
- Identifies evolving business needs, industry trends, and advancements in the field of Marketing; drives his or her team to adapt
- Serves as a trusted resource to assist Employees and other departments in understanding Marketing, driving current initiatives, and designing methodology for project/initiative delivery.
- Distills complex, detailed issues and data down to easily understood, presentable, and actionable findings and creative solutions with actionable recommendations.
- Analyze operational performance, business process, Customer insights, and/or future needs to clarify key challenges, diagnose root cause, and recognize performance improvement opportunities.
- Solution oriented; positively impacts the environment of his or her direct team and Marketing department
- Understands key drivers of Customer behavior and the relationship with Marketing levers
- Must possess strong abilities and interest in analyzing and extracting useful, business related information from large amounts of Customer, shopping, traffic, revenue, pricing, and schedule data
- Communicates effectively by listening intently, questioning appropriately, and articulating clearly in both written and verbal formats
- Has strategic thinking skills, is able to drive process improvement, has ability to see the big picture
- Possesses strong mathematical, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of at least one statistical programming language (R, SQL, SAS, and/or Python) preferred
- Advanced, Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills required
- Delivers quality work within a low-cost environment
- Must be able to work well under pressure and perform multiple, concurrent tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to proactively monitor future Marketing trends
- Must be comfortable with handling confidential information and excel in presenting/communicating directly to senior and executive management.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in customer base management, CRM, and/or customer analysis preferred
- 2 years’ experience with Adobe Marketing Cloud (Reports and Analytics, Data Workspace or Ad Hoc Analysis) or Google Analytics required
- Analytical experience within airline or travel industries preferred
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Advanced Degree preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree (Math, Economics, Statistics, Marketing, or Finance preferred) required
- Experience with Alteryx or other data manipulation/ETL tools preferred
- 2 years’ experience and proficiency with SQL databases required
2 years’ experience with Tableau Desktop or Shiny required
- 6 years’ experience in related field (Business Analytics, Marketing Analytics, Data Science, or Finance) or, minimum 4 years’ experience with an advanced degree required
Company: Southwest Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fort Worth, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A