Website Dubai Metro
The key role of Project Engineer (Planning) will be to provide assistance in all planning, scheduling, monitoring, control & reporting tasks associated with the Projects undertaken using Primavera P6 enterprise project portfolio management software. This role will also be responsible to manage allocated projects for specifying, gaining authorization to proceed, then delivering on time and within budget portfolio of projects principally related to enhancements, modifications and repair of the Dubai Metro assets and facilities. The job involves regular interface with technical and commercial managers both in client and internally within Serco Dubai Metro as well as dealing with a variety of contractors, ensuring they are properly briefed and work safely within a safety critical railway environment. The job holder needs to set high personal standards, pay attention to detail, be a finisher and be profit and cost conscious.
- Enhance the project business case and agree milestone dates jointly with project owners and sponsors; work closely with projects planning and controls team to develop a unified execution plan for all assigned projects with an aim for timely delivery and to budget; Minimize exposure and risk on projects;
- Ensure any deliverables are to a high standard and signed off by the Senior Project Manager or Assistant Project Manager before submittEng to client;
to Plan and Prepare Baseline Programme to follow, update, monitor and report the progress on the Baseline
- Programme using P6 s/w;
to understand the Scope of work, define Task, provide logical linkages and lags, resource loading for developing the Programme, create measurable tool and key milestones to assign and compare progress;
- determine and finalize specifications of the project products including technical specifications of the requirements, through coordination and consultation with relevant parties including the project owners, technical leads, consultants and bidders;
- preparation and monitoring of ‘S’ curve against Timescale for Planned V/s Actual Status, generate Look Ahead Schedule/ Plan;
- deliver all assigned projects in accordance with Project Management procedure; develop all technical and commercial project documentation in close liaison with Serco project owners and RTA project sponsors;
- Judgement and Decision Making – Quickly recognizes and gets to grips with increasingly complex scenarios.
- Secures and compares information from multiple sources and exercises judgement to close the gaps in data and deal with increasing levels of ambiguity.
- Lives Serco values – Trust, Care, Innovation and Innovation
- Customer Service – See those they interact with as customer and seeks to identify and meet needs, taking swift action to resolve issues with integrity.
- Resilience – Stays focused and composed when under pressure to deliver, dealing constructively with setbacks and staying on course even when facing resistance or pressure to change.
- Drive for Results – Is motivated to deliver results through leading large and diverse teams across functions or business units. Shows drive to make a difference across teams, community and nationally.
Qualification & Experience:
- Working knowledge and experience of using Primavera P6 enterprise project portfolio management software.
- At least three years’ experience as a technician or railway operations specialist working line and non-line-side.
- Ideally a diploma or degree holder in Mechanical Engineering discipline.
- Qualified in Project management/ business management qualification leading to understanding of basic revenue models, Profit and loss, and cost-to-completion projections.
- 2-3 years’ experience in project leadership, project planning and management.
- Working knowledge of project planning, project controls and project delivery techniques.
Company: Dubai Metro
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A