Sappi Global Business Services requires an Assistant Finance Officer: Accounts Receivable to support the Credit Risk Department in the daily administrative execution of duties in maintaining the Sappi Southern African customer portfolio. This role reports to the Finance Officer – Accounts Receivable.
- Prompt completion of the Balance of Payments.
- Assist in setting up weekly cash forecast report.
- Assist in requesting the latest customer financials.
- Maintain and update general customer master data including contact details; address; extension of sales area etc.
- Assist in completion of Payment in Advance accounts when needed.
- Daily extraction and setup of the exposure report for sales and marketing.
- Record keeping of supporting document for master data changes.
- Submission of supplier invoices for approval and payment.
- Assist with testing and extraction of data for projects.
- Request credit bureau reports timeously to ensure that the credit review service level agreements are met.
- Save relevant documents pertaining to the application for upload to the Document Management System (DMS).
- Managing the two mailboxes assigned to credit risk.
- Weekly and month-end extraction of overdue reports; Debtor Age Analysis report and Master Data report.
- Set up new accounts on SAP
- Completion of standard customer reconciliations.
- Extraction of Eolis report for the securitisation monthly disclosure.
- Review and act on the Striata report by ensuring all undelivered invoices are resent.
- Cash Clearing to support team when team members are unavailable.
- Proficiency in MS Office and SAP
- Advanced Excel skills an advantage
Qualification & Experience:
- 2 or more years relevant experience
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting or Finance / Equivalent
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Umhlanga, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A