Assessing disability claims for validity taking into account the medical/clinical information, the job requirements and the policy contract. Case managing claimants through interaction with stakeholders aimed at facilitating successful return to work. Working closely with the administrative team and collaborating with internal stakeholders to ensure excellent client service.
- Support the actuarial team and offer input on claims issues
- Assess medical and contractual validity of disability claims
- Proactive case management of income disability claims in terms of the business strategy
- Communicate and liaise with internal and external clients, claimants, medical professions, service providers and intermediaries
- Administration such as recordkeeping, summarising information, communication to clients and updating systems
- Computer proficient with Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Word and Outlook
- Comprehensive understanding of occupational risk and demands
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Client Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Well executed report writing ability
- Drives Results – Consistently achieving results and meets deadlines, even under tough circumstances.
- Ability to find solutions related to the probable cause
Qualification & Experience:
- At least 3years experience in disability claims assessment (employee benefits or individual life)
- B.Sc. Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy or qualified Nursing Sister with relevant registration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bellville, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A