Santam Ltd is looking for a Developer, who will be based in Bellville. The incumbent will be responsible for development, testing, maintaining, and supporting software that meets business requirements on the commercial underwriting and claims applications.
- Provide support to the software development and project management teams.
- Collaborate with teams across the SDLC, from requirements analysis, through to implementation in a self-managed team environment.
- Attention to non-functional requirements during software development (performance, load, response, etc.)
- Build webservices to integrate systems.
- Participate in technical issue resolution meetings.
- Prepare and produce release documents for software migration to production.
- Generate test data to ensure developed software works according to requirements.
- Identify of potential risks/issues and give input into risk plan.
- Adheres to defined software development lifecycle and best practice (including code standards, code reviews, source control, etc.)
- Configure and develop full stack applications that meet business requirements (UI, business logic, rules, process flow, etc.)
- Support and maintain developed applications and services.
- Investigate and resolve root causes of incidents and problems.
- Team player that can provide support, share responsibilities and maintaining communication with fellow teammates.
- Investigation and analysis of information
- Frontend Frameworks such as ReactJS and Semantic-UI
- Object oriented development (OOD)
- Ability to analyze data.
- Competent in problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Behavioral-Driven Development (BDD)
- Agile methodology and tools like (Kanban, SCRUM)
- Ability to work in a highly pressurized and dynamic environment.
- Knowledge to Kubernetes and Docker would be an added advantage.
- Atlassian Suite of products (e.g. Bamboo, JIRA, Confluence) would be advantageous.
- Redhat Wildfly application container or similar
- Structured Query Language (SQL)
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years’ IT development experience across the systems development lifecycle
- Solid experience in J2EE
- Relevant Tertiary IT qualification and/or qualification through experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tygervalley, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A