The purpose of this position is to get the allocated Heavy Commercial Claims ready for an assessor to be appointed, to handle all such claim enquiries and be responsible for the allocated claim until payment is complete and claim summarized. This will include communication with the client, Intermediary and or Service Provider as well as process of payments on claims as per Assessor recommendations and instructions
- Responsible for all actions to get claim assessment ready.
- Compiling of all rejection letters and distribution thereof to relevant stakeholders.
- Responsible for all Heavy Commercial identifiedclaims pertaining to Transport Underwriters, Agriculture and Commercial lines.
- Required to check completeness and correctness of documents.
- Process payments as per Assessor recommendation and instruction after verification of relevant and required documentation.
- Required to follow up on claims to receive digital images and or any documentation necessary for Assessment.
- Interact any stakeholder required to obtain reports and or details for the claim.
- Handle complaints, queries and all interaction with clients, Intermediaries, Service Providers, internal stakeholders, Relationship Managers, Claims Committee and Underwriters.
- Manage workload and instructions from system through any communication and or documents.
- Contact client or intermediary telephonically for any identified outstanding information.
- Customer service orientation
- Familiar with Santam systems
- Telephonic skills
- Excess application
- Good communication skills
- Information seeking
- Drive for results
- Analytical thinking
- Ability to verify and interpret policy and appraisal detail
- Ability to handle conflict and negotiate
- Familiar with Motor and GIT policy sections pertaining to Commercial, Agri and Transport policies
- Basic computer skills (MS office)
- Basic business ethics
- Organisational commitment
- Teamwork and cooperation
Qualification & Experience:
- Any previous claims handling, pre-support and or post support experience is advantageous
- 2 – 4 years’ claims experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A