The role is in the first line of defence, meaning within management control. The role is to support Intermediated Business in applying risk management processes and techniques with the aim of increasing awareness, ownership and management of risks leading to improved business performance.
- Due Diligence Reviews (on potential new Brokers/Intermediaries).
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; monitor corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues and provides general guidance to business on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future (supported by Group Compliance).
- providing oversight over premium collecting brokers and contracting to ensure that Santam is not exposed to unnecessary risks or risks exceeding its risk appetite.
- conducting risk assessments where requested by ERM
- monitoring exposures compared to the risk appetite
- providing input in the Santam Group’s Combined Assurance Framework
- obtaining a good understanding of the business environment, including strategic and operational goals in order to identify new and emerging risks
- Drive and ensure (with the support of IB management) adequate Compliance within IB.
- Regulatory Reporting and Notification.
- assisting business in documenting and maintaining risk registers and Business Continuity Plans
- With the assistance of and advice of Group Compliance where required, attend to regulatory compliance queries received from business and provide appropriate technical compliance advice and assistance to business.
- Monitoring of license status and other risk management documentation)
- Chair the Santam Regulatory Steering Committee (where regulations are monitored, interpreted and implemented throughout IB).
- developing a set of actionable and targeted change programmes to best improve management of the risk environment
- Quality Assurance Audits/Reviews (on existing business partners/brokers).
- Ownership of IB’s end-to-end contracting process (between Brokers/Intermediaries and Santam)(with the assistance of and advice of Corporate Legal Services team)
- IB’s contract management.
- Keep up to date with regulatory developments in the financial services industry.
- Regulatory Query Management and Responses.
- leading the Agency Maintenance Team that is primarily responsible for on-boarding new
- Brokers/Intermediaries (including vetting of supporting application and onboarding documents.
- Practical legal knowledge
- Audit expertise
- Reporting and administration
- Quality, Compliance and Accreditation
- Strong business skills and acumen.
- Services Knowledge
- Analytical thinking
- Business processes and management of budget
- Customer service and management
- Risk management expertise
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in insurance or financial services.
- Experience in managing teams.
- Relevant qualification in Business Management qualification.
- At least over 3 years middle or senior management experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A