This career opportunity is available at Non-Motor region and the successful incumbent will be based in Gqeberha. The successful candidate will determine the quantum and merit of segmented non-motor claims by performing investigations, verifying the description of the event with the loss, negotiating with (client, intermediary and service providers) and settlement of claims within a delegated threshold and according to contract conditions.
- Planning routes for claims, make arrangements and contact client.
- Interacting with the police, weather bureau etc. to assess merit.
- Deciding on what must be investigated and whether specialist expertise is required e.g. builder, engineer.
- Comparing information collected to the policy requirements and claim details presented.
- Ensuring effective and continuous communication with all stakeholders.
- Appointing specialist resources if required.
- Receiving instruction from Claims Service Consultant (appraisal notes & docs).
- Writing Claims Report and updating the central claims file.
- Deciding and negotiating on replacement/cash/claims card.
- Identifying what is required and outstanding from client.
- Authorizing repairs/cash settlement.
- Determining equivalent replacement and determine risk.
- Handle and resolve clients/brokers complaints in a timely and fair manner.
- Checking completion and correctness of document and policy conditions.
- Assessing risk to provide recommendations to underwriting.
- Managing relationships with client, broker, service providers and internal stakeholders (relationship managers, claims committee, opinions from underwriters); and
- Familiar with IM external systems
- All relevant product training completed
- Ability to do investigations on buildings, its contents and fire
- Customer Service Orientation
- Analytical thinking
- Personal Attributes
- Information seeking
Qualification & Experience:
- Certified Fraud Examiner qualification advantageous
- Must have experience in adjusting process, assessor reporting tools, building terminology, repair estimation on building damage, indemnity issues, non-standard roofing e.g. thatching, floor coverings, gyproc, building repair calculator and advanced electronic equipment
- Short-term insurance qualification (NQF4) plus completed Digital Non-motor Assessors Skills Programme
- Five (5) years’ or more relevant experience at digital non-motor level (full spectrum), field assessing experience advantageous OR
- Seven (7) or more years’ relevant claims assessment experience (non-motor) (full spectrum)
- Matric (Grade 12) with Mathematics
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A