Website Ministry of Health
Are you a self-motivated, problem solver, with the ability to tackle complex analytical problems? Do you want to be an integral part of a fast-paced team in support of a large client-focused service delivery organization? Do you have the ability to work alone or as a productive team member to deliver quality research and analysis on payment and reporting enquiries, technical incidents and system implementations resulting in successful solutions? If you answered yes to these questions then bring your positive attitude to the Ministry of Health, Claims Services Branch. We have an opportunity for you to utilize your excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Work co-operatively within a team by participating in meetings and committees, sharing information discuss findings and recommendations on new or revised programs and processes.
- Track issues/incidents using a problem tracking system to ensure performance metrics are obtained.
- Prepare production alerts, incident work plans and impact/risk analysis for incidents, implementations and inquiries.
- Assist in the development, review and verification of business testing scenarios.
- Perform data analysis and research to support resolution of system and payment incidents, complex health care provider inquiries and business solution requirements and responses for implementations.
- Your organizational and time management skills enable you to organize workload priorities and timeline to balance a number of assignments.
- Your interpersonal skills provide you with the ability to interact with peers and supervisors effectively in a team environment.
- You have demonstrated written skills to prepare documents and briefing materials in concise, complete and logical format.
- Your problem solving skills will allow you to analyze incidents, implementations and inquires, define impacts and risks of incidents, implementations and inquires and apply reasoning and negotiating skills to develop solutions.
- You have the ability to interpret policies and directives and synthesize the information to make complex direction easily understandable to clients.
- You have demonstrated oral communication skills to discuss issues with internal and external clients, liaise with other work units.
- You have research, analytical and quantitative skills to identify, gather, analyze and evaluate system and business needs.
- You have knowledge of computer software to design, develop and produce financial, statistical and other reports.
- You have ability to obtain Excel – advance level certification.
Qualification & Experience:
- You have knowledge and experience utilizing tracking applications such as Remedy.
Company: Ministry of Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A