Purpose of the role is to conduct governance, financial and operational process audits on the various business areas within the Group. Responsibilities of an Internal Auditor include auditing the various business processes within the OUTsurance Group and requires the following: Participation in, and on occasion leading of audit reviews, delivering audit outputs which include final reports within agreed timescales and in accordance with Internal Audit Standards.
- The drafting of the audit report, highlighting the relevant control weaknesses, risks, and recommendations, including management’s comments on the findings.
- Performing of the audit fieldwork in accordance with the audit program.
- Populating working papers with good quality planning, fieldwork and reporting material on a timely basis.
- Participating in internal departmental work and key standing tasks such as Board and Audit Committee reporting, as requested.
- Carrying out debriefs with department managers to communicate the results of the internal audit reviews, and ensuring that the scale and scope of the deliverables resulting from audit recommendations are adequately understood.
- General administrative tasks with regard to the audit file and subsequent follow-up and tracking of audit findings.
- Liaising effectively with the audit-manager or -lead.
- Liaising effectively with clients at departmental level to ensure efficient completion of individual reviews, exhibiting appropriate soft skills.
- Conducting a preliminary survey to obtain an understanding of the area and processes under review, in order to establish the scope of the audit. This includes risk analysis, audit program design, documentation of process flows, etc.
- Evaluating and monitoring of corrective actions taken to address control weaknesses identified.
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills;
- Quality and detail orientation;
- Auditing in the insurance environment will be advantageous.
- Adherence to principles and values of the profession and the company;
- Excellent Report Writing Skills;
- Enthusiastic and passionate about the job and the company;
- Effective at planning and organisation/work management;
- The ability to take responsibility and show initiative;
- The ability to apply professional / specialist / technical expertise;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Exposure to IT audits (including application testing) will be advantageous.
- Desire and willingness to learn and further grow technical skillset;
- Teamwork / Collaboration;
Qualification & Experience:
- Five years’ experience within the audit field.
- Chartered Accountant (CA); and
- IFRS 17 experience will be advantageous.
- Data Analytics experience will be advantageous.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Centurion, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A