Website Ministry of Education
Join the team that’s making a difference in the lives of Ontario’s children and youth who are Blind and/or Low Vision and Deaf-Blind. The Ministry of Education, W. Ross Macdonald School for the Blind in Brantford has an exciting opportunity for an experienced School Secretary to support the Elementary school program at the W. Ross Macdonald School for the Blind.
In this role you will provide confidential secretarial and administrative support services to the school Principal and support the delivery of the education programs and services at the W. Ross Macdonald School, Elementary school program.
- Manage schedules/calendars.
- Take minutes/notes.
- Manage the Student Information System.
- Prepare and maintain financial contracts.
- Type/prepare/file/retrieve and/or distribute a variety of correspondence, memos, reports, research documents, presentation materials
- Prepare a variety of documentation.
- Safe Schools Arrivals and Departures.
- Arrange for travel/meetings/events.
- Provide reception services/answer calls/greet visitors/respond to general inquiries.
- Undertake various other clerical and administrative tasks as assigned.
- Maintain and order supplies as required.
- You have knowledge of office equipment including photocopiers and facsimile machines.
- You have reasoning skills to determine what matters should be given priority when performing a variety of different administrative tasks with conflicting deadlines.
- You have problem solving skills to determine appropriate action for sensitive inquiries.
- You can demonstrate knowledge of office practices and administrative procedures.
- You have proven written communication skills to draft letters and memos.
- You have proven verbal communication and interpersonal skills to communicate with and provide information to clients in a courteous and professional manner, on the telephone and in person.
- You are organized and have time management and administrative skills to organize high volume of administrative and secretarial services, to set priorities and meet deadlines, to ensure a coordinated and efficient flow of information within office, program, and school areas.
- You are proficient in preparing, formatting, and coordinating a range of correspondence and documents.
Qualification & Experience:
- You have demonstrated experience using personal computers and software applications to prepare correspondence, presentations, spreadsheets, databases, Microsoft Outlook, and other standard software applications.
- You have advanced administrative/secretarial experience.
- You have demonstrated experience using office equipment.
Company: Ministry of Education
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Brantford, Ontario, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A