Website Municipal Affairs and Housing
Come join our great team! Are you passionate about shaping the future of the Province’s affordable housing and homelessness programs? Do you have strong interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships and build partnerships? If so, then consider this exciting opportunity with the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing, where you will work with Ontario’s 47 municipal Service Managers and two Indigenous Program Administrators to deliver important initiatives under the National Housing Strategy (NHS), the Homelessness Prevention Program, and the Indigenous Supportive Housing Program (ISHP).
- Participate in financial audits by maintaining all financial agreement information and fund transfer documentation
- Anticipate and identify current and emerging issues and risks, and play a leading role in the analysis and resolution of program policy issues
- Track projects and monitor activities for new and existing units, including payment processing
- Liaise with various organizations, including Service Managers and Indigenous Program Administrators, to identify and resolve issues related to housing programs
- Develop strategies to identify and resolve issues and mitigate program risks
- Participate on all matters related to the development, construction and ongoing operation of new affordable and supportive housing units
- You have communication skills to develop ways to market and promote the programs.
- You have excellent communication skills to prepare briefing notes, correspondence, reports, and background material and make presentations.
- You have knowledge of affordable housing and homelessness programs and strategies.
- You have demonstrated evaluative and analytical skills to perform complex financial analysis, assess proposals for project funding requirements and process/track payments.
- You have knowledge of housing sectors, redevelopment issues, industry standard practices and land-use planning and approval processes.
- You have excellent problem-solving skills to identify issues, assess risks and resolve needs of stakeholders with program delivery.
- You have excellent negotiation skills to negotiate contracts and amendments with proponents.
- You have proficiency with computer software such as word processing, spreadsheets, presentation, scheduling and project management.
- You have demonstrated stakeholder relations, consultation, facilitation and advisory skills to establish and maintain working relations with proponents and stakeholders.
- You have project management experience to track and monitor project progress against contractual provisions and approved budgets.
Company: Municipal Affairs and Housing
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A