Website Ministry of Northern Development, Mines, Natural Resources and Forestry
To provide systems analysis, programming and technical support to the redevelopment of the Daily Fire Operations Support System and related information technologies and systems.
- develop and conduct end user training sessions on information technology
- perform response system functions at the Response Centre or field operations
- prepare and document procedures and guidelines
- review software developed by contractors and other team members
- provide equipment trouble-shooting services
- You can assess client information and systems needs to assist in developing cost effective information management solutions.
- You can evaluate technical problems, troubleshoot computer component issues and develop solutions.
- You have knowledge of personal and server computer systems technologies, operating systems, application software and system testing protocols.
- You can stay current on new and upcoming technologies and how they can be applied to fire system requirements.
- You have the ability to assist in the development of alternative system applications.
- You have knowledge of computer equipment operation, cabling connections and installation procedures.
- You have well developed communications skills to provide advice, training and make recommendations.
- You have well developed interpersonal skills to explain technical solutions to non-technical clients.
- You have knowledge of current client server technologies and the principles of information systems development.
- You have the ability to conduct interviews to obtain information on client requirements and create reports, options and operating plans.
- You can work in a team environment, as well as plan, organize and prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- You can research new software and hardware products and make recommendations for potential application for clients.
Company: Ministry of Northern Development, Mines, Natural Resources and Forestry
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Dryden, Ontario, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A