Website Ministry of Long - Term Care
Are you a nursing professional interested in promoting the health, safety, dignity and rights of residents in Ontario’s Long-Term Care (LTC) Homes? If so, join the Long Term Care Inspection Branch of the Ministry of Long-Term Care.
To provide strategic legislative/policy advice, expertise, and consultation to senior management on the design of Harmonized Sales Tax and Retail Sales Tax legislation and tax policy issues. To develop legislative design options for implementing new tax structures, and to develop design policy options related to the legislative and administrative structure of proposed tax structures.
- Determine the inspection program’s response and action.
- Determine the severity of the information received and outline the associated risks to residents.
- Support and conduct inquiries and off-site inspections as required.
- Gather, document, assess and triage information (concerns, complaints and critical incidents) received regarding Long-Term Care Homes in Ontario.
- Prepare correspondence, briefing notes and other materials as required.
- You have demonstrated knowledge of long-term care homes and health care system operations.
- You have the ability to diffuse and resolve contentious and highly sensitive issues.
- Current registration as a Registered Practical Nurse (at minimum) with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- You have the ability to work independently and make logical decisions in an emotional, high stress environment.
- You can communicate with persons about complex health care issues.
- You have the ability to work collaboratively within a provincial team.
- You are able to effectively communicate with the residents, complainants, stakeholders, the public and LTC Home staff.
- You have the ability to appropriately respond to complaints about resident care and services.
- You possess written communication and computer skills to develop correspondence and briefing notes.
- You have proven knowledge of current health care practices (e.g. medication administration, skin and wound care, pain management, responsive behaviours, etc.).
- Willingness to travel small distances on a periodic basis for training and education.
Company: Ministry of Long – Term Care
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A