Website Solicitor General
The Government Mobile Communications Branch (GMCB) is looking for a talented Radio System Technologist to work amongst a diverse team of Ontario Public Service (OPS) professionals on this high-profile, complex, challenging, enterprise-wide, public safety transition project. In this position, you will lead projects and teams related to the planning and implementation of the new network across the Province.
- Design radio frequency templates for radios to designate specific radio channels used by front-line personnel to avoid frequency conflict
- Assist with, or conduct, live tests and rejuvenation of returned parts to ascertain weaknesses with supplier parts and liaise with the suppliers to correct deficiencies
- Provide assistance, when requested, to research technical problems, determine solutions and make recommendations to supervisors and users
- Assist with cost analysis and preparation of network infrastructure services to users, and conduct feasibility studies on modifications requested
- Source, provide, and assist with controls of the inventory levels of specialized equipment such as earpieces, headsets, battery recondition and other equipment
- Provide technical expertise for support of current and future radio infrastructure and other unit personnel by conducting tests and inspections of the government telecommunications system control, which includes maintaining business applications and determining priorities; replacing faulty components; auditing and approving contractor repair work; notifying appropriate parties of Infrastructure system problems; liaising with ministry personnel, vendors and other agencies; and reconciling contractor conflicts
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- You can write and edit business cases, and technical/financial reports and prepare technical work documentation and standards.
- Knowledge of standby and back-up power systems, alarm reporting system, and radio system switches, dispatch computer, communications consoles, console and communications centre voice recording systems, network design to ensure optimum operation of an emergency response system.
- Knowledge of telecommunication systems, the sub-system components, and their interrelationship, including microwave, mobile, portable and base radios, and repeaters.
- You can determine the nature of the problem, research, identify and set priorities to correct problems, assist in making repairs, and replacing parts devising a new solution to the problem utilizing existing resources and/or directing contractors.
- You have demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to liaise with all levels of personnel to work with non-government contractors, resolve issues, present technical information and provide guidance.
- Knowledge of MS Office software programs used in system operations and to prepare reports, spreadsheets and presentations.
- You must possess a valid class ‘G’ driver’s license or equivalent as recognized in the Province of Ontario.
Qualification & Experience:
- Understanding of and/or experience in contract management such as service level agreements (SLAs) to resolve system performance or failure issues by selecting the appropriate supplier.
Company: Solicitor General
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ontario, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A