Website Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks
To assess compliance with environmental legislation, regulations, and policies by inspecting, monitoring, and conducting comprehensive field/technical investigations that assess the management, operations and administration of drinking water systems; municipal wastewater treatment and collection facilities and their related on-site waste management activities, water and air discharges; municipal storm water systems; as well as the compliance promotion for the construction and maintenance drinking water wells. To provide technical expertise and advice on compliance and pollution control in both English and French. To negotiate and enforce compliance using legal instruments to protect water quality.
- interpret scientific and technical data and requirements where precedents do not exist
- respond to adverse test results and incidences of pollution and conduct follow ups
- ensure compliance to legal standards
- provide technical expertise on compliance and approvals
- undertake comprehensive inspections of drinking and waste water systems
- analyze and evaluate problems where causes are not immediately obvious
- You have strong problem solving skills to identify underlying issues, link issues with regulatory requirements and recommend appropriate corrective measures to address challenging situations.
- You have written communication skills to accurately document information and prepare reports.
- The positions require the successful candidates to have a valid class G driver’s licence or equivalent. The offer of employment is conditional upon the successful candidate providing proof that they have a valid driver’s licence upon being hired.
- You use computer software applications (such as for Word Processing, Spread sheets, database and Network applications) to prepare letters, tables, reports, use electronic mail, and enter data or access information.
- You have the ability to identify potential conflicts, facilitate open and constructive dialogue, and proactively address and diffuse potential issues.
- You have oral communication and active listening skills to explain complex policies, procedures and techniques and to help ensure information is understood.
- You can conduct field/technical assessments and investigations to identify issues, support legal proceedings and determine a course of action.
Qualification & Experience:
- You have experience identifying situations of non-compliance and assessing the associated level of risk to determine appropriate corrective measures to achieve environmental and human health outcomes.
- You have experience developing and maintaining harmonious relationships, providing direction to diverse internal and external clients and responding in an appropriate and professional manner.
- You have knowledge and experience applying theories, principles, and practices of environmental sciences, water and wastewater treatment processes and infrastructure, and pollution controls.
Company: Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: North Bay, Ontario, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A