Website Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development
Within a team environment providing services to deliver an integrated system of Employment and Training programs and services for systematic and supported access to a range of training and skills development services across Ontario; to effect positive changes in the community in accordance with government strategic directions, business plans and promotional strategies as they relate to labour market initiatives. To provide client and stakeholders consultation/advice and assess viability of employment services/training applications/ project proposals review, recommend and/or approve programs and services and financial support; and, monitor and evaluate outcomes. To contribute to the planning process, including the development of business plans, budgetary requirements, forecasting and review, assessment of results for ongoing activities, assessment of local market conditions for the delivery of Employment and Training programs and services that respond to emerging priorities and local labour market conditions or trends or gaps in services.
- provide consultation and advice to stakeholders regarding programs and services
- recommend, approve and monitor programs and financial support
- administer new and expanded training and employment programs
- provide program planning and support in response to emerging priorities and local labour market conditions and trends
- promote community employment and training programs
- You have oral and written communication skill and presentation skills that includes the ability to listen, consolidate information, deliver information to different to various audiences.
- You have strong understanding of quality assurance approaches to contract monitoring and compliance.
- You have demonstrated knowledge of budget development and monitoring, forecasting techniques and sound financial practices.
- You have consultation and interpersonal skills to manage complex stakeholder relations and build partnerships.
- You have demonstrated research, analytical and evaluative skills to assess projects against legislation/regulatory requirements and service quality standards.
- You can operate successfully in a program delivery environment and evaluate compliance with legislative and program requirements.
- You have knowledge of provincial and regional economic climate and trends.
- You have strong problem-solving and risk management skills and the ability to work with team members to implement solutions.
- You have knowledge of the principles of community development and the range of employment and training programs that are in place.
Qualification & Experience:
- You have experience in effectively applying contract management principles and processes, developing service agreements, and financial monitoring techniques and controls.
- You have experience using common computer software such as word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database applications to track and organize work, conduct research and prepare documents.
Company: Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A