Website Mr Price
To control, monitor and co-ordinate the departmental merchandise plans thus ensuring sales, profit and stock targets are set so that company strategic objectives are met by guiding the merchandise planners and recommending action to the merchandise executives.
- Provide ongoing feedback around KPI’s and targets to merchandise managers, buying and planning teams to ensure targets are communicated.
- Develop the season strategy pack with Planning Executive to be presented at Board meeting.
- Ensure closing stocks are managed for end of season & half/full year.
- Attend group sessions to understand and contribute to the RPAS systems, Retail Forum Bug Fixes and
- Enhancements, Assortment Planning & other group initiatives and use within the division.
- Identify out-of-line situations to recommend action plan in response.
- Attend key supplier appointments with Merchandise managers & resource manager to maintain good relationships while negotiating best conditions i.e. price, quality, deliveries where appropriate.
- Ensure that assortment plans are completed for test to be presented at review.
- Take action on DC efficient KPI’s that relate to assortment planning to ensure that product is delivered to the right store at the right time in the right quantities.
- Liaise with systems on enhancements to current applications and proposals for new applications.
- Ensure that all review plans are met as agreed in respect of sales, price marked on (pmo), markdowns, stock levels and stock turn on a seasonal basis, as well as a financial year basis to achieve KPIs.
- Maintain clear positioning of fashion / value matrix of all key competitors to maximize value positioning.
- Liaison with systems when computers or applications are down to minimize downtime.
- Ensure test product is strategized, along with Trend, in time for the Post mortem and strategy sessions.
- Develop reports for Trend to report on performance against strategic calls in season.
- Prepare packs required for merchandise strategy sessions to ensure planning elements are consolidated.
- Determine seasonal planning process. I.e.: Critical path to ensure correct flow of stock.
- Ensure planners provide accurate assortment plans to buyers timeously to effectively build assortments.
- Ensure that merchandise department adheres to strategic plan for company in order to meet targets.
- Weekly analysis of test products to report against strategic plan.
- Ensure stock levels are in line with review & Budget to avoid loss.
- Complete documentation of specifications for systems to manage the merchandise process.
- Assist in the recruitment of merchants to ensure the right people join the team.
- Implement action points arising from culture survey to ensure positive results from team.
- Perform regular store visits to identify acceptability of seasonal offer and to maintain link with operations &
- Location planning. Regular Store visits of key competitors to keep abreast of competitors by doing shop outs, perusing marketing material, marketing campaigns
- Help to manage performance of people along with Merch managers to effectively manage performance.
- Oversee system usage of Merchandise planners pre-season to ensure that all systems are being effectively updated.
- Liaise with systems and training around group systems, (RPAS, APS, etc) to ensure relevant processes are applied.
- Build relationships with other departments heads to facilitate dialogue.
- Business understanding of external and internal systems (RedWorld, RedWorld MIS, RedInfo, RPAS, e-Focus, etc.).
- Retail planning/demand and supply and merchant processes.
- All applicants must be fully vaccinated at the time of application or if necessary undertake, to receive a second vaccination in accordance with Company policy, before permanent employment is confirmed.
Qualification & Experience:
- 2 Years’ experience in a similar position
- University Degree: Bachelor of Commerce (Finance/ Supply Chain)
Company: Mr Price Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A