Website Mr Price
The purpose of the Assistant Store Manager is to support the store manager in managing the daily operations of a store to ensure that the overall objectives, store targets and customer service standards are met and exceeded.
- Lead and drive the team within a store to achieve store KPIs and operational strategy in line with company values.
- Review and keep abreast of in-store product performance to provide feedback to support centre and enhance sales.
- Ensure and maintain the implementation of customer experience processes (through the execution of business instruction letters, markdowns, repricing, promotions, customer experience plans, visual standards, customer feedback, general housekeeping etc.) to meet customer service standards.
- Identify and propose new opportunities to increase sales and brand awareness. This may include: in-store marketing, competitor shopping, partnering/participating in local events and driving new accounts/memberships per targets (if applicable).
- Ensure that stock is accurately received & unpacked to merchandise and replenish the sales floor.
- Identify & drive training, coaching and development needs with a focus on talent management and succession planning.
- Analyse sales & profitability reports in store to collaborate with management on required operational action plans, increase sales performance and monitor store expenditure.
- Conduct compliance checks through defined processes (e.g. admin checks, store audits, visual audits, COMO reports, POS reports, health & safety standards, weekly hanger counts, security etc.) to ensure and enforce overall compliance to policies and procedures.
- Monitor and manage stock levels through defined processes (stock counts, stock takes, stock loss action plans etc.) to mitigate risks (stock loss) and ensure adequate stock on hand.
- Recruit, administer & manage performance in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Authorize write offs, breakages, recalls and returns.
- Oversee the overall maintenance of the stockroom to meet housekeeping standards.
- Budgeting skills.
- Business understanding of retail trade, brand, customer & product.
- Sales & service management.
- Communication skills.
- Computer literacy.
Qualification & Experience:
- 3 Years’ experience in retail.
- Managerial experience (advantageous).
- NQF level 4 (Grade 12) or equivalent.
Company: Mr Price Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Potchefstroom, North West, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A