Website Mr Price
Mr Price is hiring a Product Quality Technologist with experience in cosmetics, personal care items (from baby to adults), and an assortment of products in both hardlines (furniture, equipment, toys) and Softline items (apparel, beddings, soft toys). Your purpose is to provide quality assurance for the various products we offer and to partner with the merchant team to provide quality, value driven merchandise. You need to apply product technical knowledge and experiences in assessing product against specifications in accordance with critical path to deliver quality products that are safe, legal, and fit for purpose.
Whilst reporting to the Quality Manager, you will work alongside a team of Technologists who support the merchandise buying team. You will be required to approve products using a pre-production seal quality process. You will need to be actively involved to assist buyers/suppliers with all QA related queries to ensure products are suitable for trade. You will be responsible for completing all the administrative requirements related to this product and process and may be required to do occasional store visits. You will also be required to constantly obtain knowledge through various sources to ensure continuous improvement within this department.
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Working alongside the Compliance team to ensure the Quality Standards are in line with industry standards.
- Knowledge of government safety regulations regarding makeup, skin care and personal care products from baby/kids to adults.
- An understanding of the raw material used in the various products for baby/kids and adults.
- Good knowledge of the tests required on all personal care products from baby/kids to adults.
- Knowledge of how to interpret test reports and the ability to identify anything that does not conform to standards from various labs such as SGS, Intertek and QIMA.
- All applicants must be fully vaccinated at the time of application or if necessary undertake, to receive a second vaccination in accordance with Company policy, before permanent employment is confirmed.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a Quality Technologist role.
- Experience working in a manufacturing lab with makeup, skin care and personal care products would be advantageous.
- Diploma / Degree in cosmetic chemist.
Company: Mr Price Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban, Kwa-Zulu Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A