The purpose of the role is to assist in expanding Momentum Investments’ market size in the Institutional environment and to participate in setting the strategic direction and strategy and executing it for the distribution team. The focus is on growing AUM in the solutions/multi-manager and platform capabilities and increasing gross and net margins for the business in a sustainable manner.
- Proactively engage key stakeholders to ensure alignment and optimisation of interactions and processes that enable business success.
- Identify prospective clients and new opportunities in the market for Momentum Investments. Maintain and expand Momentum Investment’s relationship with all role players in the industry.
- Create greater brand awareness of Momentum Investments’ solutions amongst prospective institutional clients.
- Ensure the improvement and identification of business enabling processes that will lead to ease of business development.
- Assess the current client value proposition and strategy against institutional client’s needs. This includes an assessment of the opportunities available in each segment and the potential for Momentum Investments to increase its market share in these.
- Partner with colleagues within the distribution team to ensure the achievement of business goals and the success of the team.
- Collaborate with internal distribution partners in Momentum Corporate to identify and grow additional sources of new business.
- Improve the client experience through an excellent service value proposition.
- Play a leading role in servicing the existing Institutional clients and work closely with FundsAtWork and Momentum Corporate on servicing common clients.
- Regular reporting and servicing of existing clients, report backs to asset consultants and Boards of trustees of pension funds.
- Ensure that there is a strong relationship and alignment between investment management professionals, product development and the institutional distribution team.
- Assess and strengthen the marketing, distribution and sales strategies for our solutions and platform business.
- Networking Skills – The ability to establish and optimise a network that has resulted in an established network within the Institutional and Pension funds market.
- This is a FAIS affected position, the incumbent must be prepared to be a Rep & KI on the relevant license and have written the necessary exams.
- Results Driven – Ability to direct efforts, of others and self, to achieve key business results in alignment with strategic goals.
- A proven track record of sales success within Institutional Distribution is required.
- Creative Problem Solving – The ability to find innovative solutions to key business problems.
Qualification & Experience:
- 8-10 years of institutional investment experience, with a solid track record and experience in the Asset Management Industry.
- Experience in the Institutional and Pension Funds Market with specific exposure to the full Investments management value chain will be advantageous.
- A relevant bachelor’s degree in commerce is required and a commercial Honours’ degree would be an advantage.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Centurion, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A