To apply best-practice methodologies in the designing, training and monitoring of the effectiveness of living benefit assessing within the claims team and ensure optimal technical skills development of the claims assessors.
- Contribute to continuous innovation through the development, sharing and implementation of new ideas
- Positively influence and participate in change initiatives
- Give input with regard to claims policies, practices, forms and documentation to ensure that our risk management standards are met and aligned to relevant product changes and legislative updates.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to determine the product and technical assessing approach and implement the execution of training interventions.
- Deliver on service level agreements with all stakeholders to ensure that client expectations are met and managed
- Assist with the delivery of accurate and timeous reporting, analysis and insights where required, and implementation of findings into the execution of claims assessment to improve the client experience and risk management.
- Make recommendations to improve client experience and fair treatment of clients within area of responsibility
- Analyse technical assessment quality and make recommendations for improvement of assessor’s skills.
- Coach and guide assessors to improve their assessment skill and interpretation of claims assessment.
- Provide input into the risk identification processes and communicate recommendations in the appropriate forum.
- Assist with the quality audit of claims assessment and align assessing training and development in order to improve assessor’s skills.
- Continuously develop own expertise in terms of professional, industry and legislation knowledge
- Manage financial and other company resources under your control with due respect
- Take ownership for driving career development
- Sign off assessments within the delegated authority level and required service levels aligned to product and policy requirements.
- Ensure compliance to regulatory Treating Customer Fairly outcomes
- Ensure that assessment methodology and execution is in line with legislation and best practices within the financial management field in order to optimise the claims assessment skill development of assessors.
- Assist with development and execution of an industry renowned claims assessment methodology across Death, Critical Illness, Income Protection and Lump Sum Disability benefits through continuous development interventions for assessors based on current best industry and company practices and technological enablers.
- Responsible to manage, identify and mitigate risk through the adherence of the claims process
- Persuades, convinces, influences and inspires others, both within MMI and externally to win support, loyalty and gain commitment to the purpose of MMI.
- Creates and maintains an open, positive working environment by generating commitment, building trust, a shared sense of purpose, and empowerment in others and encouraging them to contribute to the best of their ability.
- Relevant insurance knowledge, applicable regulatory requirements and legislations would be beneficial
- Drive a sense of urgency, focus, accountability, agility and execution to deliver business outcomes.
- Actively leads change, does what is right for the business and drives continuous improvement and efficiencies through innovation.
Qualification & Experience:
- Degree in Health Sciences (Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Psychology)
- 5+ years experience in life insurance claims would be beneficial
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Centurion, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A