To provide support and coordinate the execution of sustainability initiatives that support business objectives with the focus of this role on Climate Science.
- Contribute to the development of the sustainability strategy, plan and support the implementation of the sustainability strategy for MMH.
- Contribute to the development of area specific budgets to minimise expenditure, in alignment with operational plans.
- Deliver on service level agreements made with internal and external stakeholders and clients.
- Provide authoritative, expertise and advice to clients and stakeholders.
- Participate and contribute to a culture which build rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional client service.
- Coordinate the delivery of sustainability reports, campaigns and initiatives within agreed time, cost and quality parameters.
- Provide input into the risk identification processes and communicate recommendations in the appropriate forum.
- Identify opportunities to enhance cost effectiveness and increase operational efficiency.
- Coordinate the gathering, capturing, collating, and calculating of data required to support the carbon footprint calculation process and CDP (formerly the Carbon Disclosure Project).
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and internal and external stakeholders.
- Engage with stakeholders to create awareness of the implications and advantages sustainability initiatives such as the carbon foot print, sustainability indices and sustainability performance measurement frameworks and collaborate with stakeholders to gather the required information in the correct format.
- Gather, collate and analyse data required for integrated and sustainability reports.
- Keep abreast of trends, legislation, developing disclosure frameworks and best practices within the business and the sustainability field, particularly on climate science.
- Track and administer the sustainability budget.
- Make recommendations to improvement client service within area of responsibility.
- Advanced Excel
- Diversity and Inclusiveness
- Client Stakeholder Commitment
- Leads Change and Innovation
- Self- Awareness and Insight
- Exposure to project management, climate reporting and sustainability initiatives (CSI and philanthropy initiatives excluded)
Qualification & Experience:
- 3-5 years business management experience within the financial services industry
- Degree in Environmental Science
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A