Website Ministry of Justice
Accountable to the Deputy Director (DD) or Head of Community Integration in regions, the SACM is accountable for overseeing delivery and development of a portfolio of contracts, including Commissioned Rehabilitative Services (CRS). This includes accountability for contract management and oversight of related interfaces with other providers in their designated area (e.g. prisons, Electronic Monitoring (EM), Bail Accommodation Support Service (BASS)) and for related stakeholder engagement, service planning, development, transition, exit and mobilisation and commissioning activity. The post holder is accountable for managing a complex, innovative portfolio of contracts and for delivery of services that carry high levels of risk, that have not previously been commissioned in this way.
- Liaising with National Strategic Contract Management, Commercial Contract Management, Contract Improvement Team, System Development, and other HMPPS/MoJ functions to ensure that the necessary advice and support is obtained to inform effective management of the designated contracts.
- Ensuring financial payments are made in line with contract performance
- Leading on management of the contract management Governance processes in relation to designated CRS and other contracts, including dispute resolution and chairing as required the Service Management Board, Contract Strategy Board and other groups .
- Managing a number of Service Manager, Contract Support Officers and Contract Administration Specialists .
- Responsible for the planning and delivery of safe and orderly exit, mobilisation and transition between old and new contracts and/or providers across regional portfolio in line with commissioning intentions.
- Strategic or subject matter expert lead for an allocated area of Directorate business which may be at Area or national level.
- Accountable for overseeing the interfaces between designated suppliers, the PS and prisons, and other providers of community based offender services.
- Maintaining effective stakeholder relationships with providers, particularly between CRS suppliers, PS and prisons, and with wider stakeholders in relation to community and ‘through-the-gate’ offender services, and holding suppliers to account for their stakeholder engagement commitments.
- Liaison with the PS within a designated area, and as required to inform the setting and oversight of the PS Divisional SLA, and oversight of service delivery across the whole Rehabilitation Services system.
- Ensuring appropriate levels of assurance in relation to designated contracts, including as required, on-site presence within the organisation in order to observe and monitor operations, processes and practice.
- Liaising with Commercial Contract Management to convene the Change Management Board as required.
- Leading work to critically evaluate local sentencer demand, offender needs and priorities in order to inform, service planning, development and commissioning activities.
- Identifying service quality, contract compliance and supplier performance issues and priorities and liaison with the National Operational Audit Team in order to inform the programme of assurance activity required to deliver the Annual Service Quality Assurance Plan.
- Managing portfolio of regional contracts (including CRS) to deliver service outcomes and value for money.
- Ability to function effectively in a challenging environment with a high level of personal resilience
- Effective high quality skills to lead and manage staff to achieve demanding objectives
- Demonstrates sound judgement, and has the ability to build effective working relationships, and to influence and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders at a senior level in a complex and multi-layered delivery landscape
- Ability to make decisions about issues of risk arising from audit and assurance activity and managing these effectively and sensitively across organisational boundaries and in line with political and economic considerations
- Highly developed understanding and detailed knowledge of policy and strategic developments in relation to community based and through the gate offender services and how these apply to operational practice and the contract management process
- Knowledge and appreciation of contract management requirements, and highly developed understanding of the challenges involved in managing and assuring delivery of large complicated commercial contracts
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience and skills in relation to contract or performance management, and/or service development and commissioning of community based offender services at a senior level
- Experience and skills in leading and managing in a complex change management context
- Senior management experience in probation or a comparable environment (e.g. within the criminal justice system or involving delivery of offender/public services)
- Effective programme and project management experience and skills
Company: Ministry of Justice
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Derby, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A