Website Ministry of Justice
As a Project Manager in D&T and experienced in the delivery of IT Projects, you will lead a defined set of smaller projects or a single project, including the associated business change activities and establish appropriate governance and assurance processes monitoring progress, risks and issues and ensuring business readiness for change. The role will include working closely with supplier organisations to D&T. The role requires professional expertise in the effective use of programme / project methodologies and techniques. You will be responsible for the overall integrity and coherence of the projects you manage. You will develop and maintain the project environment to support each project and have effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Seek appropriate support, guidance and coaching from the project community. Show commitment to personal development. Promote effective individual and team performance;
- Day to day management and leadership of the project and the project team, setting project controls and designing the project structure appropriate to stage by selecting and applying appropriate delivery methodologies;
- Coordinate development of the Business Case;
- Schedule / manage resources to deliver the project. (May work independently or with a small team);
- Create and lead the project to deliver the agreed outcomes within time, cost and quality constraints;
- Ensure benefits are identified, understood, measured, tracked and owned. Ensure appropriate Benefits Realisation Strategy is in place, and monitor longer term delivery of benefits against the Business Case;
- Ensure effective change management processes are in place to agree and document changes to deliverables as agreed with stakeholders;
- Identify and monitor project risks and issues and develop mitigating actions and escalate as appropriate;
- Support business change outcomes;
- Identify key stakeholders and develop effective relationships;
- Provide key reports and support effective governance and decision making, supporting and/or setting appropriate project assurance;
- Define the budget and track delivery within;
- Build project plans and apply appropriate project principles to deliver stated objectives. Identify and set appropriate project controls and track and report delivery against milestones;
- Strong budget management skills including being able to demonstrate the ability to estimate costs, produce a budget and control forecasts and actual spend against budget.
- Strong Planning skills and experience of creating plans in, and using, Microsoft Project.
- Meet the requirements for BPSS clearance
- Resource management – use your experience of identifying the appropriate resource needed to deliver the project to work alongside Recruitment Manager and Resource Manager to secure the resource and managing a multi-disciplinary team to achieve defined outcomes.
- Strong reporting skills and experience of preparing excellent reporting papers and artefacts, and presenting to stakeholders at all levels
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience of coordinating the development of business cases .
- Experience of setting the governance for a project clearly defining roles, responsibilities and accountabilities and establish controls and approval routes appropriate to each stage of the project, including ensuring risks and issues are captured and managed appropriately.
- Must have 3 years experience leading the delivery/managing technical projects.
- Experience of managing a procurement as part of a project either as a G Cloud offering or meeting OJEU regulations.
- Must hold, or have held in the last 7 years, a recognisable project management qualification. For example, Prince2 practitioner, Agile etc
Company: Ministry of Justice
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A