Website Ministry of Justice
This is an exciting time for the team as we are seeking to make significant changes and improvements to many aspects of how we work and the service we provide, especially investigating new technology available and how this can increase efficiencies. You will be joining an expanding team who provide a dedicated and expert function in processing all offender SARs. The team have a strong customer service culture, providing a key service across Her Majesty’s Prison and Probation Service (HMPPS) so the ability and expertise to build strong professional relationships on both an individual and team basis is very important. Close liaison with individual prison establishments and probation offices are vital to meeting our performance indicators and there will be opportunity to develop this further. The role is important as it ensures that offenders are supported through their sentence and rehabilitation by having access to the right information at the right time, by responding to requests in full and within statutory timescales.
- Answer queries (telephone and correspondence) from customers and colleagues across the Department
- Update records on in-house computer system
- You will demonstrate and encourage behaviours which support the MoJ and Civil Service values.
- Process personal information requested in a response to a SAR and determine what information can be released and what is exempt from disclosure. This involves reading large volumes of sensitive information in hard copy and digital formats, carefully and accurately to ensure that information is released and/or withheld from disclosure in accordance with the DPA.
- General ad hoc office duties, including some manual handling
- Organisational and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Make decisions using policy and procedures as framework
- Ability to focus to complete tasks
- Enthusiasm for sharing knowledge and working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Working knowledge of the DPA and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience of using Microsoft computer package, i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience of processing large amounts of text accurately and in a timely manner
- Have a good eye for detail and experience of concentrating for long periods of time
- Experience of working in or with HMPPS
Company: Ministry of Justice
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Burton upon Trent, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A