Website Life Healthcare
A vacancy exists for a Unit Manager based at Life Westville Hospital reporting to the Nursing Manager. The successful candidate will manage and co-ordinate evidence based clinical practices and resources efficiently by engaging and empowering staff within the unit to achieve the Company’s strategic objectives of Growth, Efficiency, Quality and Sustainability.
- Optimal product utilisation including pharmaceuticals, equipment, and sundries.
- Delivery of cost-effective, quality nursing care.
- Retain employees through leadership and empowerment and manage staff turnover.
- Effective relationship with internal and external stakeholders that enhances and optimises business growth
- Delivery of market leading evidenced based clinical care.
- Manage Customer complaints and adverse events according to policy.
- Optimal and efficient human resource utilisation as per agreed budgetary parameters.
- Effective recruitment and promotion of staff aligned to performance and diversity strategy.
- Manage Patient Experience, Clinical Outcomes, and Safety (Patient and Employee) outcomes.
- Effective leadership skills including highly developed skills in communication, problem solving, conflict resolution, and negotiation.
- Current registration with the South African Nursing Council.
- Updated knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, industrial relations, standards, codes, ethics, and competency standards.
- Participative and collaborative management style.
- Capacity to lead, foster and develop a healthy and positive working environment, which actively promotes a joint performance and value, based culture.
Qualification & Experience:
- Diploma/Degree in Nursing with at least 3 years post registration experience and proven leadership and/or people management experience within healthcare (including clinical competence in the area of specialization).
- Post Graduate Management / Education qualification experience will be an advantage
Company: Life Healthcare
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Westville, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A