Website Life Healthcare
A vacancy has risen for Nurse Manager Specialised units at Life Eugene Marais Hospital, reporting to Gertrude Phiri, Senior Nurse Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving and implementing the nursing function within the specialised nursing units at Life Eugene Marais Hospital in line with hospital and company strategic objectives of growth, quality and people.
- Providing direction and inspiring positive work behavior in hospital
- Recruitment, retain, motivate and develop staff according to LHC people policies and practices
- Providing input into the budget process for all specialised units
- Demonstrating visible and purposeful leadership in respect of LHC values, operating model and strategy
- Actively sponsoring LHC initiatives and projects with influence
- Meeting internal DSO nursing targets for specialised units
- Managing cost of sales through driving product conversions to improve and manage cost savings in all specialised units.
- Optimal functioning of nursing operations, including the implementation and monitoring of compliance to all the LHC nursing standards, policies and procedures.
- Benchmarking and ensuring continuous compliance and improvement to quality accreditation systems
- Leading and driving nursing projects across cross functional teams to align and implement the nursing strategy.
- Marketing the professional image of Nursing within the community
- Participating actively in various community events to promote the hospital
- Infection prevention and control measures
- Ensuring productive working relationships with key external stakeholders (i.e. Doctors, suppliers, DoH, agencies, unions etc.) by identifying networking opportunities and actively engaging in forums and meetings where necessary.
- Ensuring compliance to Ward and theatre E Billing targets
- Increasing nursing student numbers through participating actively in marketing initiatives to promote nursing as a career. Driving formal nurse training and CPD within own environment
- Understand nurse resource management – labor hours, skill mix and optimal utilisation of nursing staff.
- Understanding of DoH requirements as it relates to private hospitals and nursing (DoH core standards)
- Knowledge of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role-players including understanding of relevant legislation and regulations relating to healthcare industry and nursing profession (e.g. Nursing Act ) (R158)
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of comprehension of nursing workload management.
- Drivers license
- Comprehension of the private healthcare funding model in RSA.
- Understanding of change management principles
Qualification & Experience:
- 5 years proven leadership and management experience (ideally within private healthcare)
- Degree / Diploma in Nursing & current registration with SANC
- Post -graduate qualification and or a Master’s degree will be advantageous
- Formal post basic qualification in a specialised area.
Company: Life Healthcare
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A