Website Life Healthcare
A vacancy exists for a Unit Manager for the Medical Unit based at Life Bay View Hospital, reporting to Frank Crous, Nurse Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and coordinating clinical practice and resources within the unit to achieve the company and hospital objectives of quality, growth and people.
- Ensure competence of staff and students, determine and drive criteria for effective professional socialisation, create an environment conducive to learning and provide feedback to relevant stakeholders.
- Implement national quality initiatives within unit with the focus on improved clinical outcomes and report accordingly.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders (i.e. HOD’s, Enabling functions, patients, family members, service providers etc.) through ongoing communication and feedback.
- Promote customer satisfaction within unit, address customer complaints, conduct quality care rounds and clinical practice audits to monitor care levels and report accordingly.
- Demonstrate visible leadership in respect of LHC values, operating model, Nursing strategy and image of the profession, actively sponsor LHC initiatives and projects to ensure continued and improved productivity.
- Function as clinical expert in achieving patient outcomes.
- Drive and manage all people related processes within unit.
- Ensure staff are trained on the operation of equipment within unit and together with relevant stakeholders ensure equipment is in working order to provide a safe patient environment.
- Initiate and drive unit specific best operating practice, communicate these for wider implementation and participate in hospital specific marketing initiatives.
- Effective leadership and people management
- Effective financial management (including equipment)
- Effective relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- Lead the implementation of the nursing care plan and co-ordinate and facilitate the delivery of the correct treatment plan within the correct MDT program in order to achieve clinical outcomes.
- Identify clinical and safety risks and trends in all of the above, implement corrective action where necessary and monitor on an ongoing basis.
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Professional and technical proficiency
- Excellence orientation
- Organisational awareness
- Ethical behaviour
- Driver’s license and ability to travel
- Engaging diversity
- Customer responsiveness
- Building relationships
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Action orientation
- Computer proficiency
- Current registration with SANC
- Basic understanding of labour legislation, financial and chain management principles
Qualification & Experience:
- Relevant experience in nursing to meet the critical outputs (preferably pervious Medical Unit experience).
- Proven leadership and people management skill will be an advantage (1 -2 years).
- Degree or Diploma in nursing
Company: Life Healthcare
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mossel Bay, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A