Under general supervision, performs a variety of duties relating to the internal safe transportation of patients, distribution of supplies and equipment.
As a Service Worker I, you may transport patients (clients, residents) and equipment to and from different units as well as distribute and replenish hospital supplies throughout the units. You may also transport lab specimens, blood and blood products, patient charts, and clean patient care equipment. You will report any concerns regarding supplies and safety issues to Unit Managers and perform other duties as required.
- Reliable, cooperative and ability to demonstrate effective service attitude.
- Must be able to follow verbal & written instructions.
- Demonstrate ability to walk and/or stand for long periods of time and lift 22.5 kg, or assist in lifting up to 157.5 kg on a regular basis.
- Knowledge of hospital equipment and procedures preferred.
- Fluent in speaking/reading/writing English.
- Must possess verbal, numerical and clerical abilities; near – visual and auditory acuity; motor coordination; eye-hand coordination.
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous Portering experience preferred.
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Previous hospital experience an asset.
Company: Alberta Health Services
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A