You are dependable, organized, time efficient, and experienced in working with chemical cleaners. Alberta Health Service looking for someone like you, who is dedicated to the highest standards of cleanliness, to join the Environmental Services team as a cleaner/housekeeper. You’ll create a more pleasant environment for staff, volunteers, patients, and families, and a safer one too through disinfection and cleaning. In this role, you will make a difference to staff, volunteers, patients and families alike. The Environmental II – Housekeeping performs a range of cleaning services in clinical and non-clinical areas, including treatment rooms, staff areas, and public spaces. They will also perform non-routine and deep cleaning tasks, as well as use industrial equipment to perform their work. You will join a team of over 6,000 Environmental Service workers making a difference every day by cleaning, sanitizing, organizing, and restocking to make sure everyone’s experience at AHS is safe, clean, and healthy.
As an Environmental II, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks associated with intensive or specialized cleaning within a hospital or facility associated with industrial cleaning supplies and by using powered industrial equipment. Your typical duties may include operating industrial cleaning equipment for floor maintenance, thorough washing of ceilings and windows and emptying hazardous waste. You may also provide training/orientation to Environmental staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written format.
- Physically capable to lift, push and pull up to 30 lbs of force.
- Physical Effort/Strength Required: Frequent physical demands include ability to stand for long periods, walking, bending, climbing ladders, mopping, use of power cleaning equipment and be capable of lifting 25-50 pounds on a regular basis.
- General knowledge of cleaning techniques and methods required.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time and perform repetitive movements for the duration of your shift.
- Successful completion of a basic housekeeping program is an asset.
- Good interpersonal skills required.
- Knowledge and operation of a computer including Microsoft Office.
Qualification & Experience:
- Completion of Grade 10 or equivalent.
Company: Alberta Health Services
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A