Under supervision of the Working Leader and/or Manager, this position provides a clean and safe environment for staff, patients and visitors. The position performs routine and heavy cleaning, disinfecting or sterilizing of public, patient, resident and office areas while following Housekeeping Standards and Guidelines. This position must be independent and able to use judgement for workload prioritizing and multi-tasking decisions as a Working Leader and/or Manager is not always available. This position may require performing other related duties as needed.
As an Environmental II, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks associated with intensive or specialized cleaning within a hospital or facility associated with industrial cleaning supplies and by using powered industrial equipment. Your typical duties may include operating industrial cleaning equipment for floor maintenance, thorough washing of ceilings and windows and emptying hazardous waste. You may also provide training/orientation to Environmental staff.
- Good interpersonal skills required.
- Must be able to write and read English.
- Good communication skills, auditory acuity, manual and finger dexterity, motor coordination.
- Physically capable to lift, push and pull up to 30 lbs of force.
- Knowledge of hospital equipment / procedures an asset.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time and perform repetitive movements for the duration of your shift.
- Must be able to walk and or stand for long periods of time.
- Knowledge and operation of a computer including Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of WHMIS is an asset.
- Must be fluent in the English language.
- Must be physically fit, able to lift heavy loads.
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous experience in Health Care Cleaning an asset.
- Completion of Grade 10 or equivalent.
Company: Alberta Health Services
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Canmore, Alberta, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A