- Focus on the continued adoption of agile and dev ops principles, methodologies, processes and tools.
- Align your team’s goals with organisational and business unit strategies.
- Develop, drive, measure and feedback progress on SIG’s advanced analytics strategy as an enabler of innovation and business value
- Ensure that services are delivered in time, within budget, at a high quality and complying to all governance standards.
- Maintain an end-to-end data strategy and roadmap, spanning from data acquisition, to data integration, processing, management and usage for SIG and its strategic partners
- Empower and motivate the team to deliver innovative solutions, while cultivating a milestone-driven culture and managing your team’s performance.
- The development of the scope of the Data Acquisition Framework based on consultation with key stakeholders
- Manage and coordinate the delivery of BI services (projects and operational support) to the wider Sanlam Investments business.
- Perform and report on project planning, budgeting, commercial contract management and resource scheduling, and adjust proactively based on changes in demand.
- Work cross-functionally to incorporate requirements and feedback from both internal and external stakeholders, as well as to oversee the ongoing development, optimisation and timely commercialisation of our insights, models and action prompts.
- Co-ordinate the delivery of advanced analytics, reporting, digital transformation and value engineering through data capabilities to businesses
- Establish the strategic direction for building the business’s data management program, optimising business approach using data both internally and externally
- Lead the organisation efforts to track data collections, data purchases, databases, physical data models and linkages between datasets.
- Work with business unit leaders to identify and prioritise problems that advanced analytics is suited to solve
- Oversee cross-functional data policies, while simultaneously ensuring adoption and adherence to data quality and process governance in collaborating departments
- Build and manage strategies, roadmaps, priorities, release objectives and processes while managing complex dependencies and actively minimising risk.
- Project Planning
- Team co-ordination and transformation to dev ops
- Project Management Tools
- Communication both to the larger team and management
- Project Tracking and Reporting
- Project Portfolio Management
- Proficient in stakeholder management with many moving parts
- Servicing clients with complex solutions
- Conceptually understanding technical architecture and framework and driving out technical solutions
- The ability to implement processes and stand up a target operating model
- Understanding request for services processes
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelors or Masters degree, preferably in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Systems, Analytics, Business Administration or Engineering.
- An understanding and implementation experience of data-analytical technologies.
- 8 – 10 years project management experience, specifically in more complex projects, such as creating a new business or multi-functional projects in an existing business with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience with agile and hybrid-agile project management methodologies.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A