Website Amazon Canada
AbeBooks is searching for a dynamic Account Manager to join our Sales and Account Management team. As an Account Manager you’ll be responsible for managing a strategic portfolio of sellers, growing your category through strong relationships and new business development initiatives, and vehemently representing the voice of the customer in projects to ensure that the products we build delight our sellers. We’re looking for someone who is energized by people, and thrives when building and developing relationships. They should have a proven track record in dealing with customers directly, and be motivated when engaging customers by phone, and email.
- Regional/Category Ownership: Leverage competencies with SQL and Tableau to audit, monitor, and review business performance. Highlight external changes that impact the seller experience. Work with Marketing, Product, and Program teams to drive proactive actions to close gaps in our collective knowledge of competitors, and regional seller solutions.
- Relationship Management: Manage a portfolio of top impact and strategic selling partners, and be a trusted advisor. Leverage strong communication and account management best practices to develop account relationships, proactive plans, and improve account performance. Work with Customer Service to handle escalations, and support seller communication campaigns.
- New Business Development: Grow the category through 1) acquiring strategic sellers/selection, 2) developing relations with partners to improve customer experience, or 3) strategic opportunities to grow AbeBooks brand awareness. Own every aspect of a successful new seller launch. Partnerships add surface area, so Account Managers are strategic, organized, and particular about the new relationships they develop
- Voice of the Customer: Account Managers search for customer feedback and proactively analyze for ways to improve the seller experience. They may sometimes drive small/medium projects to deliver those improvements. They recommend product improvements by providing feedback, program, and constantly iterate SOPs to reduce surface area for sellers, and themselves.
- Advanced computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Additional language competencies (e.g. German, French, or Spanish)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to explain complex concepts simply
- Ability to work with diverse group of people at all decision-making levels
- English language fluency
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, management, engineering or related degree required
- Experience using SQL, Tableau, and/or other data management tools
- At least 2 years of experience in sales, account management, project management, product marketing, or management consulting roles
- Experience using Salesforce.com or other CRM tool
- MBA or Master’s Degree
- Experience in Internet, e-commerce and retail companies is preferable
Company: Amazon Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A