Website Gauteng Provincial Government
- Utilize all resources effectively and efficiently in the specialized department.
- To delegate and support staff in the execution of quality patient care.
- Exercise control of discipline, grievance and labor relations in terms of the legal frameworks of the department.
- Take charge ship of the hospital in the absence of the senior managers after hours and report.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Covid 19 protocols and standards of IPC.
- To provide direct and indirect supervision of all nursing staff, other clinicians and housekeeping.
- Ability to plan and organize including monitoring the objectives of the specialized unit in consultation with subordinates.
- To provide comprehensive quality nursing care as a member of the multi-disciplinary team according to the identified needs of the patients and that must be based on the scientific principles.
- Identify staff training needs of subordinates, monitor performance and ensure effective development thereof.
- Monitoring service standards and maintaining the set norms and standards of the department.
- To provide a therapeutic environment for staff, patients and the public.
- Knowledge of Ideal Hospital Realization Framework and management of patient safety incidents.
- Registration with SANC as a professional nurse. Current SANC receipt for 2022.
- Matric certificate .
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be computer literate. Leadership, management, planning, organizing and co-ordination skills.
- The incumbent must have knowledge of relevant Acts, prescripts, policies, guidelines and procedures governing the health care system and be able to deliver services efficiently and effectively.
- Drivers license.
Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum of 9 years appropriate /recognizable experience in nursing after registration as a general nurse and midwife.
- At least 5 years of the above should be experience in the Emergency and Trauma unit after obtaining the 1 year post basic qualification in the field and in a hospital environment.
- Basic R425 Degree/ Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery or equivalent that allows registration with the South African Nursing Council (SANC).
- A post basic nursing qualification in Trauma and emergency Nursing Science with a duration of at least 1 year , accredited with the SANC.
Company: Gauteng Provincial Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Carletonville, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A