Website Gauteng Provincial Government
Manage the following areas to ensure efficiency and cost effectiveness: Patient Administration and Logistics.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory regulations and policies.
- Co-ordinate the drawing of strategic plans, business plans, and operational plans in Patient Administration and Logistics.
- Assist in ensuring that the hospital has appropriate and effective monitoring systems in place to guarantee value for money and high-quality service.
- Ensure effective and efficient cash management of all state monies collected.
- Continuously provide report related to Patient Administration and Logistics.
- Monitor staff appraisal (PMDS). Train develops and monitor staff to improve service delivery.
- Availability to rotate within various related areas of the Patient Administration and Logistics at any given time.
- Maintain effective and efficient utilization of all allocated resources.
- Ensure efficient and effective services throughout the hospital.
- Develop standard operating procedures and ensure that they are implemented effectively.
- Implementation of integrated Lean management philosophy into the hospital’s mandate, guidelines or policies.
- Contribute as a member of a multi-disciplinary management team towards the effective management of the hospital.
- Management of budget allocated to sub-programmers.
- Ensure that controls are in place to prevent abuse of state properties.
- Proactive approach to problem solving and ability to prioritize issues and other work-related matters and to comply with timeframes.
- Understanding of current Patient Affairs/Administration with specific reference to both Outpatients and Inpatient Management.
- Ability to make progressive decisions and work under pressure.
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Office applications i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Knowledge, skills and training.
- Must have high level of reliability and ethics, commitment to work beyond the call of duty, Relate well to a diversity and range of stakeholders.
- Ability to translate strategic objectives into practical planning framework.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and discretion in applying and interpreting departmental policies and procedure and develop unit Standards operating procedures.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the policies and procedures governing patients ‘administration in the public sector.
Qualification & Experience:
- National Diploma/Degree (NQF level 6/7) in Public Management/ Administration/Business Administration or equivalent qualification with 10 years proven experience in Patient Administration.
- Experience in managing people and projects with the ability to plan strategically.
- 5 years ‘experience should be at level of Admin Officer in Hospital Patient Administration environment.
Company: Gauteng Provincial Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A