Website Gauteng Provincial Government
- Conducting forensic assessments and provision of related reports.
- Devising, implementing and monitoring appropriate treatment programs, including individual therapy, group therapy, family therapy and other forms of treatment.
- Assessing patient needs, abilities or behavior using a variety of methods, including psychometric tests, interviews and direct observation of behavior.
- Offering therapy and treatment for difficulties relating to mental health problems such as anxiety, depression, addiction, social and interpersonal problems, trauma, challenging behavior and a variety of medical conditions.
- Working as a part of the multidisciplinary team alongside doctors, nurses, social workers, psychiatrists, occupational therapists and others.
- Contribute to the department’s planning, monitoring and evaluation of service delivery.
- Providing support for redress cases within the hospital context.
- Developing and evaluating service provision for patients.
- Initiating and carrying out applied research, adding to the evidence base of practice in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Participation in the training of clinical psychology students, and supervision of intern clinical psychologists.
- Ability to speak local indigenous languages.
- Registration with HPCSA as a Clinical Psychologist and proof of current registration.
Qualification & Experience:
- A PhD will be an added advantage.
- Appropriate qualification that allows registration with the health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) as a Clinical Psychologist.
- Grade 1: (No experience required after registration with HPCSA as a Psychologist in respect of RSA qualified employees who performed community service in the relevant profession as required in South Africa)
- Proven research experience.
- Sound experience in the clinical supervision of Intern Clinical Psychologists.
- Grade 2. A minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience required after registration with HPCSA as a Psychologist in respect of RSA qualified employees who performed community service in relevant profession as required in South Africa)
- Grade 3: A minimum of 16 years’ relevant experience required after registration with HPCSA as a Psychologist in respect of RSA qualified employees.
Company: Gauteng Provincial Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ga-Rankuwa, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A